The Conference Management Service of the United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV/CMS) and the International Atomic Energy Agency’s Division of Conference and Document Services (IAEA/MTCD) recognize the environmental impact of our operations, our obligation to monitor it and, wherever possible, endeavour to reduce it. To this end, we are committed to improving the sustainability of our work, raising awareness and promoting decisions that will lead to environmentally sustainable practices.
The achievements of the Environmental Management System were rewarded by ISO 14001 certification in 2011, a certification we have maintained since then.
We recognize that environmental management is a continuous process and are aware of the need to maintain that process in the future.
As part of this ongoing process, as well as complying with the legal requirements related to the environmental aspects registered in the system, we aim to:
• Reduce the use of natural resources;
• Reduce electricity consumption;
• Reduce the carbon footprint of our operations;
• Reduce waste;
• Require all staff within the Environmental Management System to take an active part in its processes; and
• Strive to improve sustainability across the respective organizations.
This policy has been approved by the Director, IAEA/MTCD and the Chief, UNOV/CMS.
Vienna, April 2016